Thursday, October 28, 2010

Always At Night

Our poodle had a nosebleed last night. Yep, dogs get nosebleeds. I didn't know this, had never heard of it, but alas it happens . . . while we were sleeping. Peanut had settled down for the night and for the first time in weeks, C and I were watching the tube in bed before 11pm! We had probably been asleep for about 30-45 minutes when we heard Panda snorting and carrying on. C got up to check on her and exclaimed, "her nose is bleeding"! Huh? He raced to the bathroom for some tissue and tried to calm her down. She was snorting blood all over the carpet, so he took her to the basement. It was gross. Really gross. 45 minutes later after calling the Vet, cleaning carpet and a shower for C, we were settled back down for our short autumn's nap. Ah, good times. Did I mention that last week she ate a baby wipe and something else that could not be identified?

One night last week when I came home from work, C was holding Peanut with one arm and cleaning something off the living room rug with the other hand. He told me he had just cleaned up a little Panda puke. Okay, situation under control. Good daddy. You think this story is over? Not yet my friends.

It was taco night and for some reason we did not have shredded cheese. C went to the store, I put Peanut down for a nap and started cookin'. I had everything going when Peanut woke up, no biggie, he likes to help Mommy in the kitchen. I put him in his bouncy seat in the kitchen, then walked back to his room for something and noticed the pile of yak in front of his dresser. Ew. For some reason, I had a feeling I needed to check the rest of the house . . . it was in the dining room and on the playroom rug. Always on the carpets!! We have many lovely hard surfaces perfect for emptying the contents of one's stomach on, but no, always on the carpets. Geez Louise.

I put Panda in one of the bathrooms and closed the door, covered all the evidence with paper towels, went back to finishing dinner and comforting a crying baby. C came home then walked right back out the door to get some Pepto. We ate lukewarm tacos. Yum. C tackled cleaning up the barf while I cleaned up our little man. After baby boy was settled in, we decided to throw in the day's towel and get some shut eye. C went to let Panda out to go potty and discovered she had thrown up four more times in the bathroom. Awesome. He put her outside and started scrubbing the bathroom floor with a vengeance when he asked, "what is that"? I don't know, what IS that? I'll tell you what it was . . . a whole baby wipe covered in regurgitated Kibbles and pink Pepto resting on the white bathroom tile. Amazing. How did she swallow a whole baby wipe? She must have gotten it from Peanut's trashcan. Ahhh!

The next day while driving home from work, C called and said, "you'll never guess what just happened". i don't really want to guess, I don't like this game. He then proceeded to tell me how the Vet had said to monitor Panda's poo, make sure everything was coming out okay. More than poo came out okay. C told me how he stood on the patio and watched her do her business. The little turds were toilet paper balls; she was wiping from the inside out. He then noticed something dangling from her behind, it was dragging the ground. He donned some rubber gloves and pulled out whatever it was. Glad it wasn't me. After closer inspection, he still could not determine what it was. I think our dog has PICA.

A good cleaning out the top and one out the bottom, she had to feel like a new woman!

Constantly emptying garbage cans,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment