I took a little walk yesterday to the courthouse to file something. It was a lovely afternoon jaunt. Our little town has the most interesting and colorful citizens don't you know.
As I was walking I got a "hey baby" from a fella in a street sweeper. Don't men know that ladies do not respond to such banter? Reminder to self: teach Peanut that gentlemen do not holler at women on the street, or any other time for that matter! Geez Louise.
After the catcall, I was nearly runover by a nice man on a bicylce pulling a wagon. From out of the alley he came, like an autumn wind . . . faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. It's a bird, it's a plane, it's . . . a lunatic on a bike! And he was NOT wearing a helmet. I think I am going to start wearing one on trips to the courthouse, for safety, but also, ladies who wear helmets probably don't get "hey baby" yelled at them. Just assuming . . .
When I get to the courthouse, I notice one of the ladies in the clerks office, a gov't. employee, is wearing a bikini top under her shirt. Just thought it was strange. The Y is just a few blocks away, maybe she went swimming at lunch? Could be.
What a day. I was worn out.
Cheers to NA, you will always hold a special place in my heart.
A
No comments:
Post a Comment