Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My OBGYN has a Foot Fetish

I know he made A's in med school and this is very comforting to me. I know I am in good hands, but he seems more interested in feet.

I was recalling today a recent visit to the doc; a post baby exam. He asked how my C-section incision was doing. I answered "fine". He commented on how stubborn Peanut was about not wanting to enter the world in the traditional way. I agreed, but then said, "it was a good scar". I meant, the scar was worth it, that the end result was amazing . . . he patted himself on the back. Really, physically, he reached around and gave himself props. =) His nurse looked at me and raised her eyebrows, she knew what I meant. Made me chuckle.

This convo happened after he made this small talk, "is that a professional pedicure?" Me: "No, did it myself." Dr.: "Well, it looks nice." Me: (Awkward pause) "Thanks". He always finds something odd to say while we are waiting for his nurse to come in. In the winter he told me how much he liked my Ugg boots. I guess in that profession, you have to shift your focus sometimes.

Maybe next time I go, I'll wear a new pair of shoes.

T-minus 340 days until next encounter with Dr. S. Whoo-hoo.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment