We took Peanut to get his first Pumpkin this weekend . . . he slept most of the time. =) Grammy, Pops and Uncle J made the party complete. A beautiful day, great company and caramel apples made the trip worth a memory.
I painted his name and some googly eyes on his pumpkin, turned out pretty good. Grammy had purchased a pumpkin costume for him to wear on Halloween, so we put it on him and tried to take his picture with him "holding" his pumpkin. He wasn't too happy about it; but he was super cute! Next year I think I'll make him a peanut costume . . . will have to learn to sew first. That should be fun!
Peanut also went to visit Auntie this weekend for her 91 birthday. Auntie and Uncle are two special people who have been in my life for 30 years. Going to thier house is like stepping back into my childhood (and time for that matter); nothing has changed. The furniture has never been moved, the same pictures are on the walls and the grandfather clock still chimes it's song.
Uncle passed away 12 years ago, but his spirit lives on in her eyes and heart. His gentleness and peace reside in that home still. I could have curled up on the couch and slept for hours like I used to as a teenager. Peanut was an angel and you could tell it made her day. To see her hold him made me tear up. All I could think about was how much Uncle would have loved him, then she said it outloud. She still wears his wedding band on a chain. I have never met two people who loved the Lord and each other more than Auntie and Uncle. I only hope to leave the same legacy.
I am so blessed to have so many wonderful in my life. I pray I love my son with all the love Christ has shown me.
Thankful,
A
Does every mother think thier child is the cutest thing in the world?
No comments:
Post a Comment