This was not a good morning as far as mornings go. I have really been trying lately to be the kind of person that has a nice leisurely morning, has ample time and gets to work a few minutes early. I have a feeling this is never going to happen.
This morning did not go so well . . . I woke up in plenty of time, but things went downhill from there. My first activity each morning is to meet with Gertrude (I have named my pump). This morning Gertrude was not cooperating. After making some adjustments, she still was not doing her job. After the third attempt, I heard the cries of a hungry babe so I gave up and fed the wee tot. This seriously cut into my get ready time.
Once he drank his last sip, I scurried off to the kitchen to clean Gertrude's accessories. Standing at the kitchen sink with my Peanut on my shoulder, I hear a man-sized burped accompanied by some splatter. Awesome.
I changed the little precious and set him in his bouncy seat so he could have a front row view of Mommy in the shower. Anyone else sing or talk through the shower door at thier child? I did not wash my hair for the second day in a row, but I am clean; managed to get soap on most parts. A little makeup and a ponytail, let the dog out and away we go to Grammy and Pops'.
Did I mention I have Vertigo due to an inner ear infection? Just so you know, rushing around like a chicken with it's head cut off makes the dizziness worse. Yep.
The good thing is . . . today is Friday. AND I have the cutest baby in the world. With all my panic this morning and the few tears I shed, his toothless grin made my heart stop.
It's going to be okay right? The guilt about working, the hurried mornings and the too short weekends . . . it will be okay. That's what I keep telling myself.
On the plus side, they give you Valium for Vertigo, which I haven't taken because I would have to pour out any milk I pumped. "Pump and dump" the doctor (a man) called it. He followed that statement up with, "I know, it's liquid gold". Darn skippy doc!
The good thing is . . . it's Friday. It's worth repeating.
TGIF
A
No comments:
Post a Comment